Dear Rough Rider Family,
Welcome to the 2021-22 Roosevelt Rough Riders Sports Season! I invite you all to join the coaches, athletes, administration and me in our efforts to support sportsmanship and competition by following the Game Day Expectations listed below:
- Show respect to the opponent as they are involved in the same game day experience
- Be role models of appropriate behavior, poise, and confidence (be in control of your emotions, avoid derogatory comments)
- Accept judgments of the officials and coaches (it’s not easy, but criticism rarely helps and often worsens the situation)
- Accept the results of each game; do not make excuses
- Keep perspective in both victory and defeat – win and lose with class
- Dignify mistakes made by athletes; they are giving their best effort and concentration
- Cheer for OUR TEAM LOUD and PROUD!
Thank you in advance for helping make Roosevelt Athletics a model program in the city of Seattle which empowers our athletes to compete to the best of their abilities!
I look forward to an exciting year of Roosevelt Athletics!
Roosevelt High School