REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 2023 ROOSEVELT YOUTH FOOTBALL SUMMER CAMP
The Roosevelt Football Youth Summer Camp is a SAFE and fun, no contact, environment for student athletes to learn the game of football, improve their skills, make new friends, and have lots of fun! The campers will be coached by Roosevelt Head Football Coach, Ryan Sherlock, his coaching staff and our veteran Rider Football players in all areas of the game – including blocking, tackling, passing, catching, speed, and agility, and strength training.
7 on 7: In addition to skills and drills, campers will be matched up skill-wise and by age group to play 7 on 7 in a fun, competitive, and safe way. Campers will leave camp with knowledge about the game, information about further football opportunities, a t-shirt, and many new friends! We anticipate a full camp this year! Tell your friends to register early to ensure a spot for a fun filled week of football!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Who: For incoming 4th through 9th graders – ALL GENDERS WELCOME
When: July 11, 12, 13 • 10am to 2pm
Where: Roosevelt High School Field
Cost: $100 (scholarship information available on registration form)
FALL ANNOUNCEMENTS & IMPORTANT DATES
POST SEASON GAME VS SEATTLE PREP – Friday, October 28th @ 5pm!
Come cheer on the Varsity Rider Football team as they take on Seattle Prep, Friday, October 28th at 5pm @ Memorial Stadium OR watch the game from home HERE.
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY via https://seattleschools.hometownticketing.com/embed/all
Walk-up cash sales will also be available
LIVESTREAM LINK FOR O’DEA GAME 10/7/2022
PAYMENT LINK FOR FOOTBALL PLAYER FUND
WE STILL NEED YOUR SUPPORT! We ask each player family for a $150 voluntary donation to our player fund… This helps pay for snacks, game day meals, team meals and miscellaneous expenses including Senior Night, etc. All players benefit.
You can pay via pay pal (firstname.lastname@example.org), Zelle (QR code below) or send a check to:
c/o Tae-Hee Han
4817 NE 70th St, Seattle, WA 98115
2022-2023 RHS Football Programs for Sale
$10 PAYMENTS CAN ALSO BE MADE on Zelle or PayPal (see above) FOR THE 2022-2023 RHS Football Program. Contact Tae-Hee to get your copy!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2022-2023 SEASON
- May 23-25, 2022: Impact Testing (see Full Schedule updated 6/26/22 for details)
- May 25-June 17, 2022: Spring Football Practices before Team Camp (NOTE: PLAYERS NEED AT LEAST 12 PRACTICES TO ATTEND TEAM CAMP). Optional but highly encouraged for ALL 2022 registered players.
- POSTPONED – New Date TBD, 7-7:30pm: Parent/Player Meeting (location: RHS gym)
- June 18-21, 2022: Team Camp (location: Central Washington University – Ellensburg, WA) *Financial Assistance available* [NOTE: Required Health Emergency Form located HERE]
- June 23-28, 2022: Spring Football Practices After Team Camp.
- June 28 – Aug 4, 2022: Summer Conditioning
- July, 2022 – Wednesday Nights: 7 on 7 Passing League (Alternate possible league July 22 & 29 @ Rainier Beach HS)
- July 19-21, 2022, 10am-1pm: Rough Rider Youth Football Camp taught by Varsity players & Coaches.
- August 17, 2022: MANDATORY 2022-2023 Fall Practices Begin (see Full Schedule updated 6/13/22 for details)
- August 20, 2022 12 noon: Team Photo Day
- August 25, 2022, 7-7:30pm: Parent/Player Meeting
- August 27, 2022, 9a-12pm: Green & Gold Showcase (intra-squad scrimmage)
- August 29, 2022: GAME WEEK BEGINS!
- September 2, 2022, 7pm: Varsity Game Opener @ Monroe High School
For full 2022-2023 schedule & more information see HERE (updated 6/13/2022)
Letter from Coach Sherlock
Dear Rough Rider Family,
Welcome to the 2022-23 Roosevelt Rough Riders Sports Season! I invite you all to join the coaches, athletes, administration and me in our efforts to support sportsmanship and competition by following the Game Day Expectations listed below:
- Show respect to the opponent as they are involved in the same game day experience
- Be role models of appropriate behavior, poise, and confidence (be in control of your emotions, avoid derogatory comments)
- Accept judgments of the officials and coaches (it’s not easy, but criticism rarely helps and often worsens the situation)
- Accept the results of each game; do not make excuses
- Keep perspective in both victory and defeat – win and lose with class
- Dignify mistakes made by athletes; they are giving their best effort and concentration
- Cheer for OUR TEAM LOUD and PROUD!
Thank you in advance for helping make Roosevelt Athletics a model program in the city of Seattle which empowers our athletes to compete to the best of their abilities!
I look forward to an exciting year of Roosevelt Athletics!
Roosevelt High School