2023-2024 ROOSEVELT FOOTBALL SEASON
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR FALL 2023 FOOTBALL
Please make sure to complete the required paperwork for sports play in Seattle Public Schools. You can find them here: https://roughridersfb.org/forms/
If you haven’t already, please complete the contact form so we can continue to build our 2023 distribution list. Enter your information HERE
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2023-2024 SEASON
- May 19, 2023: Initial Players Meeting (for current players only – Classes of ’24, ’25, and ’26)
- TBD, 2023: Impact Testing
- May 30-31, 2023: Gear handout (Tuesday-Class of 2024, 2025, 2026); Wednesday-Class of 2027)
- May 30-June 30, 2023: Spring Football Practices. Optional but highly encouraged for ALL 2023 registered players.
- Week of June 25, 2023 – Date/Time TBD: Parent/Player Meeting & ALL COMERS BBQ & Green & Gold (intra-squad) Scrimmage
- TBD, 2023: Team Camp (With the teacher strike extending our school year, the plans for camp have yet to be finalized. We are looking at Eastern Washington University for team camp. Details on dates and cost to come ASAP) *Financial Assistance available*
- July 6 – Aug 11, 2023, Mon-Thurs: Summer Conditioning (Optional but Highly Encouraged)
- July 11-13, 2023, 11am-2pm: Rider Youth Football Camp – taught by Varsity players & Coaches. Volunteer hours available for all players that help with camp. Youth camp is a wonderful opportunity for our players to generate interest in Rider football, build community and raise some much-needed funds for the program! PLEASE SHARE CAMP REGISTRATION INFO (below) – Spaces still available.
- August 16, 2023: MANDATORY 2023-2024 Fall Practices Begin (Players should plan to attend ALL practices) 2-A-Days are TBD at this time (NOTE: PLAYERS NEED AT LEAST 12 PRACTICES TO PLAY IN GAMES)
- TBD, 2023: Team Photo Day
- TBD, 2023: GAME WEEK BEGINS!
REGISTER NOW for the 2023 ROOSEVELT YOUTH FOOTBALL SUMMER CAMP
The Roosevelt Football Youth Summer Camp is a SAFE and fun, no contact, environment for student athletes to learn the game of football, improve their skills, make new friends, and have lots of fun! The campers will be coached by Roosevelt Head Football Coach, Mark Daniels, his coaching staff and our veteran Rider Football players in all areas of the game – including blocking, tackling, passing, catching, speed, and agility, and strength training.
7 on 7: In addition to skills and drills, campers will be matched up skill-wise and by age group to play 7 on 7 in a fun, competitive, and safe way. Campers will leave camp with knowledge about the game, information about further football opportunities, a t-shirt, and many new friends! We anticipate a full camp this year! Tell your friends to register early to ensure a spot for a fun filled week of football!
Who: For incoming 4th through 9th graders – ALL GENDERS WELCOME
When: July 11, 12, 13 • 10am to 2pm
Where: Roosevelt High School Field
Cost: $100 (scholarship information available on registration form)
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
They say many hands make light work, and that is true when supporting our Rider Football program. We are looking for many volunteers to help with a variety of roles. They range from game day tasks such as concession sales or chain crew to behind the scenes work like organizing senior night or weekly team communication. Please sign up to learn more about how you can support Rider Football through volunteering. Volunteer Interest Survey – Click HERE
We rely heavily on donations to both the player fund and our RAB Football Fund. The direct donations to the player fund and profits from concession and program sales funded the weekly pregame meals and several team dinners. While the team fund keeps the players fed, the bulk of the financial need is funded by RAB (Roosevelt Athletic Boosters) Football fund. Your direct donations to RAB Football, RAB merchandise and the Snap Raise funds allowed us to purchase upgraded helmets, football pads, on-field game analysis technology and of course our amazing athletic trainer (Casey Lougheed). We will continue these fundraising programs in the 2023 season, but Coach Daniels is also looking to add new and innovative fundraising ideas such as restaurant nights or car wash ticket sales to add to our efforts. If you have ideas or connections, please let us know HERE Volunteer-Interest Survey!
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY via https://seattleschools.hometownticketing.com/embed/all
Walk-up cash sales will also be available
PAYMENT LINK FOR FOOTBALL PLAYER FUND
WE STILL NEED YOUR SUPPORT! We ask each player family for a $150 voluntary donation to our player fund… This helps pay for snacks, game day meals, team meals and miscellaneous expenses including Senior Night, etc. All players benefit.
You can pay via pay pal (email@example.com), Zelle (QR code below) or send a check to:
c/o Tae-Hee Han
4817 NE 70th St, Seattle, WA 98115